DAY 1 | Evening
Drop by Rumor Mill for Euro-American cuisine, a craft beer on tap and live music. Try the Grilled Radicchio with Balsamic Reduction and Gorgonzola Cheese as a starter to share. Or, get a pizza to-go from Bakery San Juan and enjoy the sunset at San Juan County Park.
DAY 2 | Morning & Afternoon
Skip the breakfast line at Rocky Bay Cafe and pop in for coffee and a few of their delicious homemade donuts to-go. Head to South Beach with a blanket to watch the Sound come alive with the morning sun. After, stroll along the beach towards American Camp. The soft morning light makes a lovely spot for romantic photos. Head back to town for lunch at Cask and Schooner Restaurant for delicious seafood and Northwest inspired dishes. Then, wander through the local art galleries and pick out a treasure together to take back to your mainland abode.
DAY 2 | Evening
Treat your love to a night at Duck Soup Inn. Reserve ahead of time and enjoy local, rustic fare, delightful wines, and creative cocktails served in a cozy cabin in the woods. After, kick off your shoes, dip your toes in the water and share a moonlight kiss at the end of the Friday Harbor or Roche Harbor Marina dock.
Romantic Activity List
- Go for a moonlight stroll on your favorite beach. We recommend Jackson, South Beach or 4th of July Beach.
- Order a pizza to-go from Bakery San Juan and enjoy the sunset at San Juan County Park.
- Plan a romantic dinner at Duck Soup Inn, Vinnie's or many other fine restaurants.
- Purchase a bottle of San Juan Vineyards finest wine, pick up some bread from one of our local bakeries and some cheese for a romantic picnic at one of the many beautiful spots on the island.
- Stroll through the 19 Acre Sculpture Garden at Westcott Bay Reserve at Roche Harbor.
- Charter a scenic flight with Westwind Aviation.
- Visit Roche Harbor's beautiful waterfront gardens and shop. Enjoy its history, boats and restaurants.
- Enjoy a play or concert at the San Juan Community Theatre.
- Prepare a picnic and hike up Mount Young to enjoy the fresh sea air and beautiful view.
- Stroll through some of the local art galleries and purchase something that you both would like to take home to remind you of your trip to the island.
- Find your favorite island spot and plan to have your wedding there or renew your wedding vows.
- Sleep in and have a lazy breakfast at Rocky Bay Cafe.
- Get an ice cream cone and "people watch" while sitting on one of the many benches in Friday Harbor.
- Browse the local real estate listings and dream of your perfect cabin or house. You may even decide to purchase one.
- Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise from Jackson Beach.
- Purchase something good to read at Griffin Bay Bookstore and lounge in bed, or on a sunny grassy knoll together.
- Pamper yourselves with a couples massage, manicure or pedicure at one of our day spas. Check out Lavendera Day Spa.
- Go for a sunset sail on a historic wooden schooner with Schooners North.